PAWsitive Partners is the side of think PAWsitive Pup! dealing with Service Dog education in WV, VA, NC & SC areas.
We understand navigating the legal waters regarding service dogs (ADA, FHA, ACAA) can be tricky which is why I established PAWsitive Partners.
The goal of PAWsitive Partners is to provide resources to businesses and SD handlers about their legal responsibilities and rights regarding service dogs as well as assist with Owner Training service dogs for:
* Psychiatric Service Dogs (PTSD, TBI, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Bipolar, Dementia/Alzheimer’s, OCD)
* Physical Assistance Service Dogs (Light Mobility, Balance Assist, POTS, Fibromyalgia, MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus)
* Autism Spectrum Dogs
* Behavior Interruption Service Dogs (Trichotillomania, Dermatillomania, Narcolepsy, OCD)
* Allergy / Celiac Alert Service Dogs
* Diabetes Alert & Response
* Seizure Response
* Hearing Alert Dogs
Federal and State laws can and do vary and as Service Dog handlers are covered by the law that affords them the greatest protection - there may be exceptions in your state for anything from the type of animal allowed to whether Owner Trained / Service Dogs in Training are given access to the same privileges.
I make sure you have the most up to date information from both Federal and State law, with credible/referable resources. You do not have to worry about getting into a sticky situation and not knowing your rights!
My Access Challenge Packs give you everything you need to make access easier for you and the next handler.
ACCESS CHALLENGE PACK - $69
* 50 Access Allowed Translation Cards
* 50 ADA Law Cards
* 25 Service Dog Etiquette Cards
* 25 Non-Verbal Response Cards
* 25 Small Business Primer Booklets
* 10 Emergency Personnel / First Responders Info Cards
* DO NOT SEPARATE FROM HANDLER / SERVICE DOG ON BOARD 4"x4"Car Window Decal
* Reasonable Accommodation Request Letter - Employment
* Reasonable Accommodation Request Letter - Housing
* Medical Necessity Request Letter
* Top 10 SCAM Registries Information Sheet for Businesses
Training a service dog yourself is a huge undertaking. Not only do they need to have exemplary behavior in public situations but they also must be trained tasks to help assist specifically with your disability.
I offer training from Basic Obedience to Canine Good Citizen certification, Public Access Prep and specialized Task Training. I can help you through it all!
Training can happen in several ways:
We understand how difficult it is for you to know what to do regarding dogs in your business.
Our Business resource packs provide everything from store signage to staff training kits and we offer seminars and workshops to help you along! Don't get caught out not knowing what to do.
More information on my BUSINESS EDUCATION SEMINARS